Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Minor Swim Notes

Morning lane swimming at the pool is now over for the summer. If I'm going to schedule two swim sessions within three days then one must be a sea swim.

I threw in some swim golf at last night's Masters session.
Average time per 50m: 45 seconds
Average stroke count per 50m: 36
Hence an average score of 81.

Better than my last rounds at the end of January and the beginning of February, when I posted average scores of 86 and 87.

Trying to work with increased amount of body rotation; must be mindful of timing of right arm action. Considering bumping myself up a lane at Masters.

5 Comments:

Blogger the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

yeah, I know that game! First time I swam I was getting 120. Now I'm happy to get below 100 - like in the 90's. but it's not consistent.

6/26/2007 07:48:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's golf I can (a) relate to and (b) actually play!

Although I haven't played in a while. I should.

6/26/2007 08:06:00 pm  
Blogger Bullet said...

I'll have to give the game a try. I've tried everything to make my swim more interesting.

6/26/2007 08:28:00 pm  
Blogger Tony said...

I can't waste time counting in the water, I need to concentrate on surviving when I am in the pool.

6/27/2007 03:05:00 am  
Blogger greyhound said...

Do you do that long course or short course with a turn and a push off to assist? Just curious so I can try it myself.

And here's a quesiton: do one promote one's self at masters or does one wait for the coach to tell one to move. I MIGHT be ready to get my fast(er) on.

6/28/2007 11:04:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home