Monday, February 05, 2007

Mirror

In the manner of annoying little brothers everywhere throughout human history, today I will mirror my big sister.

Today she posted about (amongst other things) her friend France's (and her own) swim workout.

So I'll point out that my lanemates held to the posted rep times in tonight's sets, with any slippage only on the last rep of a set. As the slower of the two intermediate lanes, that showed some determination!

I was pleased to have ground out the hypoxic set as stipulated. It was one of the easiest of the hypoxic sets that we get (25m no air, 25m easy, 25m fast, 25m easy on 2:20), but I'll count it as a win. It's the first time I've managed it in the month since returning to swimming those sets as stipulated.

Trying for a pick-me-up after last week, I threw in some swim golf, but sacrificed stroke count to go less slowly. In our 25m pool, last week I was scoring 86 (avg. stroke count of 36, average time of 50 seconds) over 2 lengths. This week I was scoring 87 (avg. stroke count of 42, average time of 45 seconds).

It didn't so much make me feel better as strike home how much effort would be involved in shaving time on the swim leg of IMAZ - effort that I can't afford.
Note to self: stay humble or be humbled!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Full of humbility!!!

Great work on the hypoxic set by you and by your cohorts.

I wonder what would happen in swim golf if you lose just 1 or 2 strokes from week 1 par?

(Thanks for the shout out.)

2/06/2007 09:09:00 am  
Blogger Fe-lady said...

Sim Golf? Interesting! That's a lot of "keeping score" tho...I would need a stroke counter! :-)

2/07/2007 09:02:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home