Sunday, January 07, 2007

Gear!

As pledged, yesterday I went to Cayman Camera and purchased a digital camera.

The acquisition list:

The 2GB card may well be able to store all the pix I will ever take with the camera.
:-D

No sign of buyer's remorse today, but I acknowledge that there are lots of pros and cons to any such purchase. I've spent a certain amount of money and come away with a good point & shoot camera for dry land and an acceptable casual novice package for scuba diving. A minor downside is that I don't have a convenient camera for snorkeling - if I'm ever to snap pix of the views along our informal sea swim route I will have to put the camera in the housing, as the camera on its own is not waterproof. I'll probably end up buying another carrying case someday, but the current one will do for now.

For those who are interested, here is a review of the camera and a review of the housing using the 740.

Before month's end I will at least post a pic of the view from my patio.

2 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

Forget the camera, I like the underwater housing! :) Happy New Year!

1/07/2007 11:04:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey ... I wrote a long comment ... and it doesn't seem to have arrived!! (If it does feel free to delete one or the other, Brent!)

What I think I said was: w00t!!! (Tinged with some slight jealousy over the 5x digital zoom, as I only have 3x and 4 megapixels.)

I use my housing alone (no silicone) to take the camera on float planes (okay, once) even when jumping (okay walking) on the pontoons, or to the pool, or wandering the streets of Ketchikan in the rain. So yours should be more than sufficient for you to take to sea swim route shots.

I don't use a case when I use the waterproof housing. I just tuck it in my swim bag or purse. It's also the only time I use a neck strap. But I must say, when I do wear it, there are always fellas who comment on my nice camera.

The second battery is key. My batteries are losing their ability to hold charge (which I find acceptable after several years of use).

Lookin' forward to the balcony shot. (And many more ... maybe you'll fill that card eventually!)

1/07/2007 03:47:00 pm  

<< Home