Friday, December 22, 2006

Blog-gone ('til Monday)

I'll be flying to Tampa on Saturday to visit my parents, returning to Grand Cayman on Monday. Best wishes of the season to all.

This week has been quiet on the exercise front for me - as scheduled. My friend JK and family (wife Susan, University of Maryland senior son Ryan, and Loyola College sophomore daughter Tori) have been visiting. Unsurprisingly, JK (he of the outrageous number of airmiles) was returning from a Brazil trip; the rest of the family flew from Baltimore to Miami, and they all caught the same connecting flight to GCM on Tuesday. On Wednesday JK flew out for a (one hour) meeting in Columbus, Ohio; he flies back to GCM today. They all return to Baltimore on Sunday.

Susan, Tori and I did go to Masters swimming last night, which was nice. Susan was an NCAA swimmer, and Tori is one now. After practice they were able to quickly compare notes with Coach Mike as to swimming folks they all knew affiliated with North Baltimore Aquatic Club. Susan and Tori plan to attend the informal sea swim tonight - Tori is especially keen on that as she has a looming swim camp (aside: my sister has one forthcoming too) in Florida featuring open water swimming.

Not to leave Ryan out, he and I exercised our livers on Wednesday evening (having work the next day I kept my work-out moderate).

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, yes, "the liver is a muscle!!!".

Sounds like fun with the Kamauff's! I'll bet the masters workout was enjoyed by all! Hopefully we'll hear about the informal sea swim on your return. (Tori's camp will be much more demanding than mine.)

Talk to you Monday ...

12/22/2006 12:33:00 pm  
Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Be sure to take some pics of the ocean swim.

Stay tuned...

12/22/2006 08:14:00 pm  
Blogger Brent Buckner said...

Pictures, triboomer? That would require a camera! Maybe someday....

12/26/2006 09:37:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I *knew* there was something else I could have bought him for Christmas ...

12/26/2006 10:18:00 am  
Blogger Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

You were in TAMPA? That's almost my backyard. Bummed to have missed you.

1/01/2007 10:11:00 am  

<< Home