Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Blog-gone ('til Monday)

I'm punching out for my annual U.S. Thanksgiving visit to see my friend JK (he of outrageous number of airmiles) and family.

While I'm there I will be the second leg of a relay team doing the Northern Central Trail Marathon (so I'm doing a half); how I'll combine that with the current recovery week during a low heart-rate base training phase is... an interesting dilemma.

While I'm not here, other folks will be doing the local triathlon big show: the Bank of Butterfield International Triathlon. All the best to the participants!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Have a fabulous time! Be thankful.

And isn't it great that a portion of the proceeds of the relay go to furnish rest stops and port-a-potties along the route?

11/22/2006 08:09:00 am  
Blogger Habeela said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

11/22/2006 09:01:00 am  
Blogger David Rotor said...

Say hello to John for me and enjoy your marathon effort. Is it a quarter effort, half marathon at half the heart-rate?

11/22/2006 11:03:00 am  
Blogger Brent Buckner said...

Wendy - trying to be thankful. Airport crush may adversely affect that a bit. Yes, it's a good cause, and running this year I may directly benefit from having run in past years! ;-)

Habeela - thanks; all the best to you too!

11/22/2006 11:04:00 am  
Blogger Brent Buckner said...

David - will do. Still haven't settled on a race plan. Nice to see that you're blogging!

11/22/2006 11:06:00 am  
Blogger David Rotor said...

Thanks Brent - and fixed my blogger display name, until I posted a comment I didn't see the error.

11/22/2006 02:16:00 pm  

<< Home