Monday, October 29, 2012

The Week That Was

Monday: spinning intervals (set of 9) with 15 minute break then 0.5hr. spinning (zone 1 - 142bpm HR ceiling, approx. 60% VO2 Max)
Tuesday: morning 0.5hr. run (HR ceiling 150); afternoon basic upper body (+ minor legs) weights
Thursday: 0.5hr treadmill run (HR ceiling 145)
Friday: 1.0hr. treadmill run (zone 2)
Saturday: 1.0hr. spin (HR ceiling 140)
Sunday: 1.75hr. treadmill run (zone 2)

On Wednesday quads were telling me that recovery was in order, not additional load. Perhaps two weeks heavy then one week light should be my pattern when I'm training with "build" type intensity. Also, not more than one set of spin intervals in a week from now until event and considering the same for weight lifting.

Went to the WNRC social on Wednesday evening. A nice event out with moderate attendance (15 to 20 people).

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

I think the 2-1 pattern is a good idea. Even with treadmill running, you have much more of a heat load than you would in many climates - I think it makes the need for recovery time more pressing. (Jim B. was keen on that notion too, and when we were talking IM training told me to do even 1 week on 1 week off if I was in any doubt about heat acclimation.)

10/29/2012 09:58:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home