Sunday, February 05, 2012

Full Event Result: Cross Island Relay 2012

Wow, those results went up quickly!

Team Results
We were 13th team overall.
Team Time: 3:04:10 (24 mile event)
My Split: 28:37 (4 mile leg)

It seems that the 12th place team finished 2:23 ahead of me - never in my sight.

I like my 28:37. Fits well with my thinking from last week, and the Runner's World Race Time Predictor gives a predicted marathon time of 3:29:48 (which would be a substantial PR for me, and would now be a BQ time). Today I ran without Garmin so that result's on feel alone (with knowledge of the course, but no mile markers and no stopwatch).

Conditions for me were good, because it was overcast and it rained about an hour before my run - lower humidity and the asphalt wasn't baking.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

Nice!

2/05/2012 12:50:00 pm  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Were you guys a mixed team? Were the teams ahead also mixed? I always feel like they should have different categories for different team compositions!

2/05/2012 10:37:00 pm  
Blogger Brent Buckner said...

We were a mixed team.

The result compilation doesn't show, but they did have separate top 3 prizes for female-only teams, corporate teams, and open composition teams (i.e. male-only or mixed).

2/06/2012 08:04:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home