Sunday, February 05, 2012

Event Placing: Cross Island Relay 2012

All team members (Thong Distance Banana Smugglers) completed their respective legs of the Cross Island Relay 2012 without permanent injury (or indeed any injury), and all were happy with their performances and the event.

We placed 13th team overall out of 74 teams. I'll quote the team's time overall and my split when they're online.

I ran the final four mile leg - passed three runners, none passed me. No finish line dramatics - nobody was on my heels, and I was so far behind the 12th finisher that he or she was never in my sight.

Our thanks to the volunteers, sponsors (Fidelity), and organizers (under the aegis of the Hash House Harriers).

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

It is not a very Brentian team name - I am glad the run went well!...

2/05/2012 12:09:00 pm  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Nice job! Although sometimes the dramatics are fun, so I hope at least some of your team members got some :-)

2/05/2012 12:41:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home