Monday, April 18, 2011

The Week That Was

Monday: 1.0hr. run (zone 2/zone 3)
Tuesday: spinning intervals (set of 8)
Wednesday: 1.0hr. run (zone 2)
Thursday: spinning intervals (set of 8)
Saturday: 1.25hr. treadmill run (zone 2)
Sunday: spinning intervals (two long separated sets of 4), weight experiments

While I was able to convince myself to get out of bed to run before my work day, I wasn't able to convince myself to do the same for spinning intervals. On Sunday I tried doing intervals first thing. Ground through 4 of them and still wasn't getting my heart rate above zone 4.

I'll take that as a scheduling constraint: intervals in the afternoon only. I expect to retest that constraint, but little point in that until my training week seems easy or Fall Back reworks my schedule.

Structure of the week isn't too heavily tilted to weekends. That's good, because I foresee a bunch of disrupted weekends in June (and one in May). Amount of exercise ought to improve body composition without much in the way of having to "add calories to my excluded food intake" (per Jon Stewart).

Shoulder rehab continues. Physio Christine has cleared me for weight training (light weights, high reps, elbows not to go back past shoulders on chest press). On Sunday I did 2 sets of 20 reps of chest press and lat pulldown. It'll take me a couple of weeks to put together a suitable routine - not only the exercises and loads, but also the scheduling.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

It is good!

4/18/2011 07:37:00 am  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I can never get my heart rate up in the early morning either, so I have definitely learned the "no intervals first thing" rule!

4/18/2011 12:46:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home