Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Luggage Retrieved, Registration Completed

Yesterday I retrieved my wayward checked baggage from the airport and completed my registration for the Cayman Islands Half Marathon to be held Sunday December 6th.

When I was at the airport I saw Coach Jerry Harper waiting to greet one of the arriving marathoners. I am amused that this could be a tradition: last year my checked baggage also went astray when I returned from U.S. Thanksgiving travels, and Coach was there when I went to retrieve them that time.

I had hoped that returning on Monday instead of Sunday would have had my checked baggage making it onto the same airplane as me. Fail. I suppose avoiding Miami on my return leg is a better plan.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Always nice to see Coach Jerry! (Although I am not convinced this is the ideal tradition to maintain.)

12/02/2009 10:36:00 am  
Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

You know what Burke says - "Custom reconciles us to everything"....

12/02/2009 11:05:00 am  
Blogger Brent Buckner said...

It is our custom to dutifully reconcile our duty at Customs!

12/02/2009 11:11:00 am  
Blogger Rainmaker said...

Mmm...island warmth - sounds better than pouring near snow but not yet cold enough rain.

12/02/2009 11:11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home