Sunday, November 29, 2009

Uninjured, but took the DNF

Just a quick note while still traveling.

At the half-way point of the marathon on Saturday I was two minutes behind goal pace and was only going to get slower. I decided to DNF and avoid the recovery costs of completing. A nice day out there, though!

I expect that I'll do a half-marathon on Cayman next weekend, and then be able to start back into training with emphasis on the aerobic system and strength (perhaps with Tabata sprints on the spin bike thrown in).

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bummer, but that sounds like a smart decision.

11/29/2009 06:00:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry things didn't go your way on the weekend, but as I did the same thing at the Unofficial Sea Swim, I can at least say I know how it feels!

11/30/2009 10:47:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home