Monday, October 19, 2009

The Week That Was

Tuesday: treadmill one mile intervals (work time:recovery time = 2:1, completed 2.5 with HR max 182)
Wednesday: 0.85hr. run (zone 3/zone 4, max. 178)
Friday: 1.5hr. treadmill run (lower half zone 2)
Saturday: 0.5hr. treadmill run (zone 2)
Sunday: 0.67Hr. treadmill run (zone 2)

I cut the one mile repeats short. Need some desensitization at that effort, and would rather be conservative than court injury. 15 minutes of total work time is a start.

Volunteered Sunday morning at the first of our build-up events for our November triathlon. Holy cow, we had over 70 participants!

Sunday afternoon I had a long treadmill run scheduled. It clearly wasn't going well, so I bailed. On the plus side, I did enough of an equipment test to confirm that I won't use gel flasks for my upcoming marathon.

I'll emphasize recovery through Friday this week and then try to run long on the weekend.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

Flask-free marathoning!

(You are too modest to mention it directly, but your mile times are fast! Definitely better to be conservative - even just a couple of repeats are very good for speed, I think.)

10/19/2009 09:18:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with Jenny, a few repeats for speed are good. (Although yesterday's workout may have biased me in that regard.)

What terrific participation Saturday!

10/19/2009 09:41:00 am  
Blogger Rainmaker said...

It's nice to not have to worry about running with a bottle of any sort.

10/19/2009 08:29:00 pm  
Blogger Shelley said...

You just love that treadmill eh?

10/20/2009 08:24:00 am  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

What does desensitization mean in this context?

10/21/2009 02:00:00 pm  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

I tried using a gel flask once and it didn't work for me either (for other things than gel, it works fine, though).

Good job listening to your body. I'm impressed you can get your HR up so high on a treadmill. I'm always afraid that I will trip, fall and lose a tooth or something ...

10/22/2009 12:33:00 pm  
Blogger Dances with Corgis said...

What was wrong with the gel flasks? Oozing out the sides? Too messy? Not enough volume of gel coming out the top?

10/22/2009 04:08:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home