Monday, September 21, 2009

The Week That Was

Tuesday: 0.5hr. treadmill run (zone 3/zone 4, max. 175)
Wednesday: 1.0hr. run (zone 3/zone 4, max. 175)
Saturday: 1.0hr. treadmill run (zone 2)

On Saturday my resting heart rate was OK, but the workout was feeling inappropriately demanding. It seems that I won't be happy on a four week mesocycle along this stretch. The sub-threshold efforts have a noticeable recovery cost, my work hours are occasionally starting earlier, and my emphasis on improving body composition compromises keeping glycogen stores consistently topped up. Presumably age is also a factor.

Heck, I didn't even go to _Fidel Murphy's_ on Friday evening and still didn't have much bounce to the ounce on Saturday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Fidel Murphy's? Is that like our Carlos O'Kelleys? What is it with sticking Irish names in Mexican restaurants?

9/21/2009 09:11:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Age? Why, whatever do you mean?? (She says, after being tag team teased Saturday evening by Daves Rotor and Kelly about my advanced years.)

They didn't send out a search party from Fidel's, huh?

9/21/2009 09:15:00 am  
Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

Less bounce, but also less ounce! (Not grammatical...)

No Fidel's on Friday night? That's just WRONG!....

9/21/2009 09:44:00 am  
Blogger Brent Buckner said...

Danielle:

_Fidel Murphy's_ supposedly is the only Irish pub in the Caribbean

9/21/2009 10:01:00 am  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

I have heard a bit about that age stuff myself, but have yet to experience it (or at least admit it).

9/21/2009 01:47:00 pm  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

My Tanita IM scale has often told me I've increased BF percentage by 2% when carbo loading and when I'm my leanest, I usually perform like crap. Ah, the compromises we make ...

9/21/2009 02:39:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home