Monday, August 24, 2009

The Week That Was

Tuesday: 0.67hr. treadmill run (zone 3, max. 170)
Thursday: 0.75hr. treadmill run (0.5hr. zone 2, 0.25hr. zone 3 max. 170)
Friday: 1.5hr. treadmill run (1.0hr. lower half zone 2, 0.5hr. zone 3 max.170)
Sunday: 2.0hr. treadmill run (1.5hr. lower half zone 2, 0.5hr. upper half zone 2)

Still desensitizing to heart rates approaching 170....

Wednesday night's Stroke and Stride event (second of the series of three) went safely and well.

Jenny and I went scuba diving on Saturday - another good experience with Divers Down. As I haven't been diving since April 2007 I scheduled mine as a proper refresher dive. I went through the standard skills review on the first dive of the afternoon (at Royal Palms Ledge - just up the beach and a bit out in the water from my condo). The second dive was the Wreck of the Balboa. Accessing the Wreck of the Balboa site requires the permission of the Port Authority - we were allowed in part because there were no cruise ships in port. I suppose that's one reason it's a popular night dive site - because it's a good site to which you're unlikely to be granted access during the day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Training + volunteering + diving!

Sounds like the week was good. Hopefully you'll have fine weather for Stroke & Stride #3!

8/24/2009 09:57:00 am  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

One of these days I hope to learn how to dive now that I think I can pass the swim test.

Glad #3 went well!

8/24/2009 05:01:00 pm  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I'll confess to being mildly petrified at the thought of scuba diving. I'm such a wuss!

8/25/2009 11:48:00 am  
Blogger Rainmaker said...

Interesting, I believe I used Divers Down when I was in GC back a few years ago...

8/26/2009 12:31:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home