Monday, June 29, 2009

The Week That Was

Tuesday: 0.5hr. run (zone 2)
Wednesday: 1.0hr. run (threshold run)
Thursday: 0.5hr. run (zone 2)
Saturday: 1.0hr. treadmill run (zone 1/2)
Sunday: 2.0hr. treadmill run (zone 1/2)

On Sunday morning I volunteered at our social triathlon; here's Jenny's report on the event

On Wednesday's run I had an average heart rate of 172, which I count as the very upper limit of my zone 3. Not being close to falling-down-exhausted at the end of the run confirmed that my lactate threshold is significantly above 172.

Heart rate was not stable on Sunday; it drifted to the very middle of zone 2 by 90 minutes and would have gone into upper zone 2 if I hadn't dropped 0.1mph on the treadmill. Lots of base work to do!

This week will be a recovery week. On the weekend I'll do a benchmark test on the treadmill. After that I'll shift into base training proper.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Without volunteers, there are no events -- I'm sure your help was appreciated.

Base Building!

6/29/2009 08:57:00 am  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Yes, sounded like a very nice event. Thank you for volunteering.

Happy base building!

6/30/2009 03:07:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home