Monday, June 15, 2009

The Week That Was

Tuesday: 0.5hr. run (zone 2)
Wednesday: 1.0hr. run (zone 2)
Thursday: 0.5hr. run (zone 2)
Saturday: 1.0hr. treadmill run (zone 2/3)
Sunday: 1.5hr. treadmill run (zone 2)

Again the zone 3 running on Saturday slammed me relatively hard. The previous week's running in zone 4 was easier on me.

A touch of inflammation around my right knee this morning - seems to have pretty much dissipated. Clearly I'm pushing soft tissue and muscle balance issues, but I would really like to get up to a 2 hour aerobic run sooner rather than later. 2 hours is as much duration as seems particularly useful just now - pretty much maximizes aerobic benefit versus time cost, and without a marathon or iron-distance tri looming I don't require more running endurance.

Saturday morning I volunteered at a 5K run put on by our local World Gym for their 15th year of operation. The triathlon association has a group discount there, so it seemed especially worthwhile to be a road marshall for them.

Sunday morning I volunteered at our "Try-this-Tri" It was a very successful event, and I will devote a separate little post to it before end-of-day Thursday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

Lovely!

6/15/2009 12:07:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

A good week.

6/15/2009 04:19:00 pm  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Great to give back!

6/16/2009 09:40:00 am  
Blogger Cliff said...

Must be feeling good to go back running again :)

I like a good 2 hr too. Just long enough to work on the base but not too long that kills me the next day.

6/16/2009 10:19:00 am  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Don't push that knee too much!

6/18/2009 08:57:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home