Monday, June 08, 2009

The Week That Was

Wednesday: approx. 4.0 mile threshold run
Saturday: 1.0hr. treadmill run (zone 2/3)
Sunday: 1.25hr. treadmill run (zone 2)

I am fat, slow, and not adapted to local heat and humidity. Presumably, over time training will significantly change all that.

Zone 3 running Saturday afternoon left me slammed that evening. Zone 2 running on Sunday was not effortful. Useful indicators of the state of my base conditioning.

Threshold running on the asphalt and concrete did give me a touch of inflammation that quickly dissipated. I'm thinking I should add a couple of early morning half hour asphalt runs to build soft tissues, and drop my run with our Wednesday Night Run Club down to an aerobic level of pounding.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think you may have overstated weight & speed issues!

6/08/2009 10:16:00 am  
Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

I am laughing at this one, I've been feeling pretty much this way too!

HEY! I am going to steel myself and we will get up very early in the AM during the week of the 22nd and run on asphalt, eh?!?

6/08/2009 10:23:00 am  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Welcome back to training!!

6/08/2009 04:29:00 pm  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

An aerobic level of pounding - I am very familar with that concept.

6/08/2009 07:53:00 pm  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I have to say that I am cherishing our cold spell here because it is keeping that humidity away! There is no shade around here at all, so it will be brutal once it gets hot!

6/09/2009 09:09:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home