Sunday, August 03, 2008

Packaging

Jenny has blogged a bit about our rendezvous in Tampa and associated adventures, so I feel even less impetus than usual to compose posts about that.

Jenny brought with her a Nintendo Wii that I had ordered and had delivered to her address. Today, back on Grand Cayman, I unpacked it (and went on to lose at solitary Wii tennis on skill level 0).

The Wii packaging struck me as particularly good. It put me in mind of the story of how Michael Dell established Dell Computer in part on the strength of packaging PCs to meet FedEx's requirements for relatively inexpensive quick delivery.

Open the box to find two inner boxes, one with a finger hole to aid in sliding out:



Lay out those two inner boxes; they are trays:



Here's the first tray unpacked; the white segment was beneath the CD-ROM game and manuals, and contained another piece of gear (the sensor bar, on the far left of the photo):



Here's the second tray unpacked:



So there: significant preparation for the September 16th release of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. The Wii version is getting good reviews.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wii!!!

8/03/2008 03:52:00 pm  
Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

Yes, WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! (The slightly panicky sound inside my head when I am riding my bike down a hill.)

This post made me laugh!

8/03/2008 05:14:00 pm  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

HA! Reminds me of some bento lunch boxes my mom packed for picnics. Have fun!!!

8/03/2008 05:25:00 pm  
Blogger Rainmaker said...

I want a Wii. But given I haven't touched my 360 since last December, I think it would be a waste of money for me. :( Clearly the solution is to train less. :)

8/03/2008 08:07:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I showed him the pictures, but The Boarder remains unconvinced those are Good Boxes For Cats. Although a person's interaction with the Wii may have some entertainment value.

8/04/2008 06:45:00 am  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Hey the Wii box matches my pretty new bike!

I feel like I have been left out of this cultural phenomenon having not played on a Wii yet.

8/04/2008 08:06:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It appears that the Wii has some well documented and potentially expensive problems:

http://www.wiidamage.com/

Perhaps accessories from:

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/show_cat.php?cat=2

would be useful.

8/04/2008 12:59:00 pm  
Blogger Bigun said...

I got crushed at my first "day" of Wii-ing too. First and only day, that is....

8/05/2008 07:34:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home