Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bellagio Blogging

Back at Bellagio for a getaway. This is my third stay here, so it's feeling familiar.

Another reason for the familiar feeling is the current Pacific Northwest theme in the Conservatory and Botanical Garden. It puts me in mind of the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, where I've stayed a fair number of days (including seven days last month around Florida 70.3). Oh, yes, and the hopping fountains are reminiscent of Epcot. Maybe some former Disney Imagineers were involved.

Per my sister's comments last year, I think they should have a single line for check-in served by multiple stations. They're still doing it the way folks used to queue for individual bank tellers. If even the banks figured out that they needed to change, shouldn't Bellagio? Comment card time.

I'm in a Tower Deluxe King room. After one night, it's clear that the trade-offs versus a Lakeview room aren't worthwhile for me, so I'll know for next time. Still happy enough.

Pics in follow-up posts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy hoppy fountains!!

Too bad that getting caught in the wrong check-in line is still an issue.

6/12/2008 01:05:00 pm  
Blogger Rainmaker said...

Just remember...no swimming in the fountains. Well...at least don't get caught anyway - as in caught above the jets. Doh!

I enjoy staying there, it's fun - and it feels different than much of the rest of Vegas.

6/12/2008 10:05:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home