Monday, October 22, 2007

The Week That Was

Monday: evening Masters swim session
Tuesday: evening 1.0hr. stationary trainer (low zone 1)
Wednesday: evening 1.25hr. run (zone 1)
Thursday: evening Masters swim session
Saturday: mid-day 2.0hr. stationary trainer (zone 2); late afternoon 1.5hr. run (zone 2);
Sunday: mid-day 2.0hr. stationary trainer (zone 1)

I'm not holding back in Masters swimming. Otherwise, I'm trying to hold some fitness in zone 2 (where my type IIa muscle fibres actually seem to do something) while rebuilding in zone 1 (where it seems only my type I fibres get a training effect).

Updated my Zulu's two mile sea swim post with a couple of names and my time. Article and results in today's Cayman Net News (the Cayman Compass had an article on Friday).

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Holy wow man!!! That's some great electronic coverage. Pics, and split out by age groups. (Plus the remora got an honorable mention. Yay fish!)

Hope you're enjoying the fun that comes with not holding back at practice!

10/22/2007 08:31:00 am  
Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

Good stuff!

(I think "hardy" probably would be the more plausible word in that article, but there is something happy in the mild solecism "hearty," eh?!?)

10/22/2007 02:17:00 pm  
Blogger tri-mama said...

I can only imagine how cool it would be to swim in the ocean all the time! what a great race to experience and a great time.

10/22/2007 04:17:00 pm  
Blogger Rainmaker said...

Wow, 5 hours on a trainer - while it's sunny out? That's hardcore!

10/23/2007 10:48:00 pm  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Ooh, that water looks so nice! Great swim time too!!

10/24/2007 02:51:00 pm  
Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

You are a Jedi Master.

My muscle fibers only crave beer for some unknown reason.

10/25/2007 07:01:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home