Saturday, October 27, 2007

Triathlon Keeps Us Young

I renewed my driver's license yesterday afternoon.

I obtained my Cayman Islands driver's license in October 2005 on my last trip before my permanent move (already owning my condo and holding my work permit); I had done the Canadian Iron-distance triathlon about six weeks before. Now in October 2007 I was renewing the license, having done Ironman Wisconsin about seven weeks before.

The whole process was once again quick and painless (unlike Bold's ugly adventures with the Colorado DMV) - 50 minutes from the time I stepped out of my office until I returned with new license in hand. The cute bit came when the nice lady prepared to take my photo and called up my computer file, including the digital picture from two years ago. She looked at the old photo, looked at me, and said she didn't require an updated photo, she would print the new license from the old photo on file.

Triathlon keeps us young!

I renewed for five years. I expect that I'll need a new picture then.
;-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ha!

I must renew mine shortly for another few years. And my health card. (And I'll need new pix.) It never rains but it pours!

10/27/2007 11:20:00 am  
Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

Oh, you never know--you might get a good Dorian Gray-type situation where the picture ages but you don't!

10/27/2007 11:36:00 am  
Blogger Brent Buckner said...

Jenny:
Wildely unlikely.

10/27/2007 11:38:00 am  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

The last time I updated my license I had to increase the weight that I lie and say is how much I weigh. Obviously I need to do more triathlons :-)

10/27/2007 01:22:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my good gravy Brent, that pun almost hurt!

10/28/2007 07:45:00 am  
Blogger S. Baboo said...

Actually, I think I'm regressing...I've made it back to the 12th grade :-0

10/29/2007 06:29:00 am  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Hmm, I haven't had to get a new picture since I moved to FL over 10 yrs ago. Just keep sending in a check with the renewal notice ;-)

10/29/2007 07:08:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home