Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Per: Form

Comm's left me a challenge in my comments section: I would challenge you to ask yourself a question for the next thirty days, write it on your bathroom mirror, "Is my form the best it can be in each event and how do I make it better?"

I'm not much on bathroom mirror notes, but I do have a few elements of style under refinement.

A lot of the Zulu (Two Mile) Sea Swim on Saturday for me was strokework. I took the adjustments from that swim into the pool on Monday and am optimistic. I expect that for the next while I'll be working to solidify that basic stroke and trying to get more from the catch. I'm also looking forward to the 5K swim on November 10th as a big exercise in holding form. After a few more Masters sessions I'll probably feel ready for a 1000m timetrial - which will require shuffling a training week to get to a morning lane swim.

On the bike I'm due to go to see Jerome at Revolutions Indoor Cycling to do some benchmarking on their CycleOps 300PT. I'll also have trainer drills in my standard training week. Maybe someday I'll actually purchase a Compu-trainer in part to get the SpinScan analysis... but I'm not feeling the motivation.

For running I'm fairly content. As opposed to reworking form I'll simply keep counting cadence and trying to be mindful of standing tall. Here I'm more concerned about strength issues: core work, treadmill hills, and plyometrics.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The indoor cycling outing promises to be interesting!

10/09/2007 09:25:00 am  
Blogger Spandex King said...

I have never really thought much about my form in the bathroom. I didn't think it really mattered.I always assumed I went like everyone else. I'm not so sure about Commodore though.

10/09/2007 10:39:00 am  
Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

Glad to hear running does not need any(thing) major re: form...

10/09/2007 12:57:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home