Monday, August 13, 2007

The Week That Was

Thanks to everyone for your comments on my report on the previous week.

Here's this past week's story.

Wednesday: evening run (2.0 hrs. zone 2)
Thursday: evening Masters swim
Saturday: stationary trainer (5.5 hrs. zone 2)
Sunday: stationary trainer (4.0 hrs. zone 2)

Sunday ought to have been a brick, but I didn't feel like heading out into the rain-with-occasional-downpours nor dragging off to the treadmill at the gym. I'll pay a price. Ah well, cycling is my weakest of the three disciplines, and at least I did that.

For the first time in what seems like forever I went into the weekend pretty much fully recovered, legs and all. It felt better than I would have guessed. It's tempting to arrange future training cycles with recovery weeks to begin on Saturdays, so that heading into the next weekends I would be that much more fresh.

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Back in the swing after the allergies were brought under control!

8/13/2007 08:37:00 am  
Blogger Bullet said...

Send some of that rain up here! Yeah, recovery is hard to do, but IT.FEELS.SO.GOOD!

8/13/2007 08:43:00 am  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Glad to hear your feeling better and that you were able to get in some good cycling time in this weekend. I need to do the same with my swimming now that I'm back and able to sleep more comfortably at night.

8/13/2007 08:44:00 am  
Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

Oh, sounds very good...

Do you not find it rather trying to do these zone 2 runs?!? I am sure it will be good for me to do lower-HR long runs, I am determined to make this happen, in fact my 2 running partners and I have now formed the Aspirational Sub-2:00 Club to train for our next half-marathon in early October. I am the enforcer because I am the bossiest and strongest-willed, and our one rule for this coming Saturday's run is going to be "keep Jenny's HR monitor in the 140s" (hilly course, 130s is impractical)--but they are going to want to KILL me by the end of the run!

8/13/2007 09:38:00 am  
Blogger Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Nine hours on the trainer this weekend? Did I read that correctly? You're a totaly stud. I would have gone crazy.

8/13/2007 12:14:00 pm  
Blogger Comm's said...

Gee your all well and now it looks like you got a little sumthin sumthin coming your way from the Atlantic.

Batten down the hatches.

8/13/2007 01:48:00 pm  
Blogger TriShannon said...

That is a lot of stationary trainer time! I would go insane!!

8/13/2007 09:50:00 pm  
Blogger Tony said...

Did someone say rain? bottle it up and send it to Phoenix, we need all we can get. 4 hour session on the trainer, that is some serious business.

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Keep up the great work.

8/14/2007 01:34:00 am  
Blogger Tony said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8/14/2007 01:34:00 am  
Blogger Iron Eric said...

Lots and Lots of trainer time. You both must be best friends! Sounds like you had an awesome week of training! Watch and good movies or tv?

8/14/2007 09:22:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home