Thursday, August 16, 2007

Heavy Sweater? Pullover!

That's pretty much my philosophy for endurance training 'round here in summer.

This morning I did a one hour zone 2 run starting at 4:50am. I weighed myself before the start. During the run I drank 1.4litres of water. When finished my digital scale informed me that I weighed 1 pound less than I did when I started. My gastric emptying simply can't keep up with my sweat rate even at the coolest time of the day in summer. A five hour-plus ride in the increasing heat just begs for dehydration and consequent increased recovery needs.

The local environment really does encourage my use of the split run day (or treadmill) and stationary trainer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

I do not know how you think of these titles!

8/16/2007 08:36:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yikes! (Of course feels like 44 drains me just thinking about it!)

8/16/2007 11:04:00 am  
Blogger Comm's said...

I did the same thing at the same time and I lost two pounds. But I have a lot more pounds than you to lose.

I was also thinking of my sweat rate and often weigh in before/after my workouts.

8/16/2007 05:32:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home