Friday, June 01, 2007

The Traditional 99 Days Post

When their countdown clocks drop to 99 days people often post.

About 5 months ago, I did just that pre-IMAZ. The assessment that time:
I'll get through IMAZ, but it won't be pretty. Which reflects my priorities reasonably well, I suppose. And that's the way it went.

To summarize my situation this time, I'm:
  • a bit behind on muscular endurance in type IIa muscle fibers;
  • carrying significant excess bodyfat; and
  • limited in capacity to tackle hills.
However, I believe I have the opportunity and motivation to do a bit more than just get through IMMoo. I'll keep you posted!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

And we'll be following along ...

6/01/2007 04:45:00 pm  
Blogger Dances with Corgis said...

"carrying significant excess bodyfat"

welcome to my world. :) Brent, want to do a body fat challenge with me or something? It could be fun.

Winner gets... hmm... I dont know, some good cigars or something? Just a thought. Let me know :)

6/01/2007 11:26:00 pm  
Blogger Born To Endure said...

Can't wait to hear all about your journed to one of THE hardest IM's out there..:-))

6/02/2007 07:11:00 am  
Blogger tri-mama said...

Want some motivation? IMmoo is going to be a robust blogger reunion. I'm already fretting about what dress to wear :-) hahahahhahah. Seriously though, let's be sure to exchange cell phone # Tac, Grayhouns and Tridummy will be hanging out together with me and The Tribe- we'd love to take you to dinner.

6/02/2007 09:22:00 am  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

99 days - enough time to get rock solid and ready. I will be looking forward to reading about the journey.

6/02/2007 01:06:00 pm  
Blogger Tony said...

99 Days - That is plenty of time to rock! I am looking forward to hearing about the adventure.

6/04/2007 05:42:00 pm  
Blogger Andra Sue said...

Damn you people and your IM countdown clocks! This means there are less than 100 days to Prairieman (my 1/2 IM) as well. I've been preferring to think in terms of weeks...14 weeks seems longer than 99 days somehow. Yikes!

I also feel your pain the "excess bodyfat" arena. Maybe you can just think of it as extra on-board fuel!? Hee hee.

6/05/2007 10:27:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home