Friday, May 18, 2007

Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad

Uncrated bike and registered. Did not go to Blizzard Beach.

Registration didn't open 'til noon. I wandered over to the expo (20 minute walk) just prior to open, and encountered Toronto peeps Cara and Jason. They explained that the crew were now on differing agendas. I opted for the relaxed agenda of registering immediately - avoiding rushing about and possibly baking/overexerting at Blizzard Beach. Other Toronto peeps seen later at registration: Blair and Andrea. All commented on heat and humidity; I notice the humidity too - seems relatively low!

Yes, at the expo I was wearing my T-shirt advertising the Cayman Islands Turtle Tri: "Come for the race - stay for the vacation!"

At Inside Out sports I saw sales staff member Wayne, who had done so well helping with Wendy's goggle purchase at IMAZ. He recognized me before I had a chance to say anything - maybe my T-shirt helped. I told him that my sister really appreciated her new goggles.

Ended my day at the lake's edge watching the distant fireworks over Epcot. That'll do.

Earlier this evening TriJack phoned, confirming tomorrow's 7:30am BloggerCycle. Other elements of Saturday: 3pm BloggerRendezvous at the expo, mandatory bike check-in, and obsessive checking of gear.

5 Comments:

Blogger Spokane Al said...

Sounds like a great event so far. I trust that you will try to avoid the wildlife mentioned in your previous post when you are out on your blog cycle.

5/18/2007 10:47:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice to have the registration thing over and done with, and the Poor Little Blue Canondale free of contraints, gear obsessively checked.

Great that you saw Toronto peeps, and Wayne too. (I think he associates people and places.) I'm glad you were able to mention how pleased I am with the goggles.

Nightly fireworks, morning BloggerCycle. Sounds idyllic.

5/19/2007 06:17:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

P.S. Humidity. It's all relative.

5/19/2007 07:21:00 am  
Blogger Born To Endure said...

Have a wonderful time!!!

5/19/2007 08:17:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fabulous training day in, Brent!

I hope you enjoyed the race.

5/20/2007 12:24:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home