Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Florida 70.3 2007 Plans

This year Florida 70.3 is for me a "C" priority event - basically, it's a training day.

A few bloggy folks (ShirleyPerly, Eric, and Jonathon), some Cayman residents (Dean, Steve, Andrew, Michael, Kieran, and Robert), and a bunch of Toronto folks are registered.

Florida 70.3 2005 was my first triathlon, so it's nice to return to the event (I also did it in 2006). OK, I confess that the Disney parks may have some influence too - and seeing the Toronto tri folks.

I'll fly into Tampa on Thursday (17th) and fly out of Tampa on Tuesday (22nd). While this does require that I rent a vehicle and do some driving, it means that I have no connecting flights. Huge plus. I try to avoid flying into Miami from Grand Cayman - clearing immigration is highly variable, as is baggage transfer (last year one of the folks from Cayman had his bike miss the connection - fortunately it did catch up with him before the event).

Third year running I'll stay at The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. It's convenient to the race site and doesn't involve camping!

This year the Toronto folks plan to go to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park on the Friday. I signed on - sounds like fun!

12 Comments:

Blogger Andra Sue said...

Good luck! Sounds like it will be a great trip. Love love love The Wilderness Lodge...stayed there last year for the Disney Oly race. The best part was sitting outside at the little cafe and having bunnies and ducks beg for carrot sticks. :-)

5/09/2007 10:50:00 am  
Blogger Wrenched Photography said...

Good luck, Flordia 70.3 is on my list of races to do eventually.

5/09/2007 11:50:00 am  
Blogger S. Baboo said...

It's hard to immagine flying out to a "C" race.

Good Luck!

5/09/2007 01:44:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

No camping. Theme parks. Oh, and a tri, too. Sounds like a tailor made getaway. Plus bloggy peeps and the crew from Trauma. Woo hoo!

5/09/2007 03:30:00 pm  
Blogger Bullet said...

Yeah, 70.3 would be incredible. Have a blast. What a way to spend a training day.

5/09/2007 08:08:00 pm  
Blogger Dances with Corgis said...

I am impressed that a 70.3 can be a training day for you.

Going back to the scene of the crime, eh? :)

5/09/2007 08:19:00 pm  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you're doing a HIM only a month after IMAZ!

Florida 70.3 will be a C race for me too, the first tri of the year for me, a warm-up to see where I'm at.

Did you read that Iron Eric crashed on his bike recently? He's OK and he'll be at Disney but it's no longer his A race.

5/10/2007 07:14:00 am  
Blogger Iron Eric said...

Florida 70.3 is now my A- race. I am changing my schedule around a little so I can heal and still have a great season.

Florida HIM is going to ROCK!!

5/10/2007 11:33:00 am  
Blogger Tony said...

Have a great time in Florida. I have heard it is a very fun race.

5/10/2007 09:52:00 pm  
Blogger KrissyGo! said...

Hey have fun! Can't wait to read about all the hinjinx and arse-kicking!

5/11/2007 12:40:00 am  
Blogger Dances with Corgis said...

"Enjoy being classless" he says. You knoooooooow, taken out of context, what chu sayin, I aint got not class??? Huh? HUH? What are ya trying to say, hmmmmm????!!!


heehee... I am just harrassing you. Like any classless person would do! ;)

5/11/2007 08:37:00 am  
Blogger Cliff said...

Brent..have a blast at Florida 70.3.

Going to be great to be racing with bunch of tri folks.

5/11/2007 08:57:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home