Monday, April 16, 2007

A Quick One While I'm Away*

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and congratulation. Big shout-out to my big sister Wendy for being my IronSherpa at IMAZ!

My IMAZ 2007 race report may be a long time coming, what with travels and then a visiting guest. In the meanwhile, I'll say that I was happy to simply complete (and without major distress). Rich Strauss tells us to bear in mind our One Thing. For me for IMAZ 2007 it was simply to log the official IM completion. An element underlying that was my feeling that by me registering, someone else was shut-out; by commiting to a (admitedly non-stretch) goal and executing, the slot would not be "wasted".

* click for not-particularly germane title reference

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Apparently, you are no longer an "Iron Virgin".

(You are most welcome. It was a privilege.)

4/16/2007 08:32:00 pm  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

How could I have forgotten Ivor The Engine Driver?

Congratulations on a race well run on a tough day.

4/16/2007 09:58:00 pm  
Blogger Duane said...

Congrats! Looking forward to your race reports and hopefully photos!

4/17/2007 07:49:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, now that you have "log[ed] the official IM completion" does this mean that you will retire from triathlons allowing yourself more time to enjoy the isalnd paradise you now call home?

4/17/2007 10:41:00 am  
Blogger Cliff said...

Brent,

Congrats....thanks for the article...i need that one for my own first IM.

4/17/2007 05:53:00 pm  
Blogger Deb said...

Very impressed by your performance, Brent! Good on ya!

4/18/2007 06:01:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing. I assume you have a good orthopedist on speed dial?

DAK

4/22/2007 06:46:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home