Thursday, March 01, 2007

Travel (Mis)Adventures I: Airlines

Just some details for those who want to follow along.

Seven of us were on this trip. We had a few snags, but nothing major.

I got in on Tuesday evening on the same flight from Denver as JK; my checked bag got in on Wednesday afternoon. I had packed my carry-on with two days of ski clothes and planned to rent equipment, so that was manageable.

Three arrived on the same flight from Denver on Wednesday afternoon; JK and I met them at the airport after our day of skiing. The last two to arrive Wednesday evening both faced some delays on their separate flights (one almost had to overnight in Salt Lake City).

JK departed on Thursday afternoon without incident (heaven forfend that he stay in one place for any length of time).

When the remaining 6 of us departed on Sunday we were somewhat fortunate that our planes were there. Some other folks had flights cancelled, and no rebookings were available until Wednesday. I was fine on my direct flight to Atlanta, where I planned to overnight. The other 5 going to Toronto hit delays; they arrived significantly late and one had her checked bag go astray - the airline located it Tuesday.

Atlanta airport was swamped on Monday, but with a priority ticket I made it to my gate 55 minutes after arriving at the airport. Staff were commenting that they hadn't seen such lines; I assume that a lot of economy fliers who arrived at ATL one hour before their flights missed them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice of your checked bag to maintain safe following distance.

Clearly priority has its privileges!

3/01/2007 02:57:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home