Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Eve Report

On New Year's Eve I wandered over to my local pub, Fidel Murphy's, for dinner.

Per my post of yesterday, New Year's Eve slammed up against the Music and Dancing (Control) Law; the Law pretty much won. I hadn't enquired as to the plan at Fidel's, nor had I noticed the sign on the front door outlining that plan (friends and family feel free to roll eyes).

It was a cunning plan: they celebrated Irish New Year's. By 7pm the bar was full, glasses were charged, and we rang in the New Year synchronously with the Irish five time zones away.

And then I went home. A good night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Indeed. A Cunning Plan. And just way, way too funny! (That was about the time I celebrated, too.)

1/01/2007 10:16:00 am  
Blogger SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

That's a great idea! Then you could get all rested up for youy Get Your Geek On! Tri first thing Monday morning.... ;-)
Happy New Year!

1/01/2007 04:53:00 pm  

<< Home