Monday, December 11, 2006

Turn of a Friendly Card

Nytro has a post featuring the Blood Type Diet. The comments section is busy diss-ing the whole notion, but for the sake of blog-fodder I'll play along.

Let's see, Nytro has Type A blood. Such folks are supposed to "flourish on vegetarian diets". My sister points out in the comments that she also has Type A blood, and that diet just doesn't cut it.

My sister occasionally claims that I am one of the luckiest people she has ever met. Okay, let's see what Nytro's source would have me, blood type O-, eating:
  • "Type Os thrive on intense physical exercise and animal protein";
  • amongst the most beneficial foods are "Beef, Lam [sic], Mutton, Veal, Venison";
  • "avoid food that inhibits thyroid hormone (cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, mustard green)"; and
  • soothing to digestive tract: curry and cayenne pepper.


  • Maybe my sister has a point.

    6 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    Man ... I just don't believe it!!! Not only do they give you the venison, you are supposed to avoid snouts!!! I can't stand it! I just can't stand it!!!!

    12/11/2006 11:22:00 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Indeed!!

    On the positive side for a Type A, you shouldn't eat lima beans or cabbage, but can take in garlic, ginger and coffee.

    You're also allowed something called "slippery elm", which turns out to be good for throats and digestion.

    For poor Type O, he is not supposed to take in coffee, distilled liqour or black tea. He will receive great benefit from dandelion. Lucky Brent!

    12/13/2006 05:25:00 pm  
    Blogger Brent Buckner said...

    I could survive with green tea and diet Coke in place of coffee and black tea. While not keen on having beer and wine entirely supplant Scotch, I suppose I could make do.

    No wonder I wasn't keen on weeding. Subconsciously, I must have regarded letting dandelions grow as farming! ;-)

    12/15/2006 09:53:00 am  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    But you got PAID for dandelions!!!!

    12/15/2006 08:10:00 pm  
    Blogger Papa Tweet said...

    O's could eat aluminum cans and cigarettes and not have a problem. that is, if you like aluminum cans.

    type a's are supposed to stay away from frog. DAMN.

    12/16/2006 08:16:00 pm  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Somehow I missed the whole frog bit! But there's really not much meat on 'em anyway ...

    12/20/2006 09:24:00 am  

    << Home