Monday, November 20, 2006

The Week That Was

Long run: 2.25hr. Long bike (indoor trainer): 3hr. 1 Masters swim session. Additional run: 2hr. Additional bike: 2hr. In all: 10.25hr. Better.

It was nice to speed up the treadmill a bit on Friday evening. Sunday's 3 hours on the trainer left my legs feeling properly loaded - the first time I've hit that state in cycling since starting base.

As I've mentioned, swimming is well-supported here. My sister pointed out this article from a local newspaper covering the 5K/10K sea swim of last week. A 10K swim - I'm impressed that Brigitte was able to lift her arm to wave after her win! All who attempted the 10K distance finished. Gerry Tyler was the last to cross the line - as he took longer than the original 5 hour cut-off (but under 5 1/2, if memory serves), he was quite thankful that officials and others stayed to support him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hats off to all -- swimmers and volunteers!!! I'm particularly impressed that everyone who started finished.

11/20/2006 09:10:00 am  

<< Home