Monday, November 06, 2006

The Week That Was

Last week I started Base 1 training.

First lesson: the next time I have an extended off-season I will schedule at least a week of preparation phase before jumping into things. Reshuffling my schedule to accommodate workouts and checking out equipment was more demanding than I'd expected.

Hours were way below what I consider minimum, but from Thursday through Sunday I did get in the pool for a Masters session, lace up the shoes for an 90 minute treadmill run, and pedal away on the trainer for 90 minutes. Have to start somewhere - but it feels as though I'm starting at the very beginning. At least that's a Glinda-approved starting point.

Hoping for positive empathic resonance, I was on the treadmill Saturday November 4th from 4:15EST to 5:45EST, to be with the IM Florida TBC peeps in spirit. Spokane Al put up an honour role. And someone else was out that same day, doing her thing too. Those folks were getting it done, inspiring more people than they know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glinda was wise (and glittery, too).

And the marvellous thing is that after you wake up the muscles, they remember. You'll be back in the swim of things in no time!

11/06/2006 11:12:00 am  
Blogger Brent Buckner said...

It feels as though some muscles have woken up - there's some minor DOMS in the hamstrings.

Anyhow, it'll be interesting to find out how quickly things ramp up.

11/06/2006 12:16:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, well, sometimes they wake up quietly, sometimes screaming, sometimes somewhere inbetween!

11/06/2006 04:27:00 pm  

<< Home