Sunday, October 15, 2006

Travel Bit: Stuttgart

My friend JK and I arrived in Stuttgart at the airport around 8:40am on Wednesday September 27th. We went straight to the Ascot airport hotel and were able to get early check-in.

For the first time on this expedition we stayed somewhere one might describe as a "clean, well-lit place", and where we had no special status. We were fortunate to have reservations at all; accommodations were tight in the city. At 79 euros for my single room with single twin bed I certainly didn't feel as though I were being extorted.

JK left the hotel for a meeting. I went for an extended nap and then stayed in the hotel to eat and read. I just didn't have the get-up-and-go to get up and go tour the Porsche or Mercedes museum - my loss. Dinner that evening was traditional Swabian cuisine at a moderate local restaurant with one of the folks with whom JK had attended the meeting.

We departed Stuttgart for Munich late morning the next day, so we were able to get up late and allow JK to catch up on some sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sleep was a good choice, next travel bit includes Munich!!!

10/16/2006 07:02:00 am  

<< Home