Sunday, October 29, 2006

Status Report

The countdown clock says that my base 1 training begins in a few hours.

Since the Berlin marathon, I've lived a dissolute lifestyle of sloth. For example, today I slept until 9am, had a lunch consisting of chicken curry on chips with Guinness to drink, did not and will not work out, and will have a buffet dinner featuring turkey and roast beef as well as yet more Guinness.

Yeah, I've gained weight. Why do you ask? :-)

To make the off-season complete, I was in Las Vegas on Friday. Nothing says off-season like Vegas.

I'm not going to use the glories of Fall Back to squeeze in a workout tomorrow morning - I'm going to use it to sleep an hour later. Sure, I'm happy at the prospect of a new training season, but let's not get too crazy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's what the off season is for! A little decadence is a good thing!

10/30/2006 07:26:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a positive. Here is some easy self-decpetion you can apply.

The added weight is just added muscle mass,

The added weight is valuable calories stored in the most efficient form just waiting to give you a boost in the next tri, or

This is training weight. By training with extra weight, you can become more efficient so that when you lose it you will be that much faster.

10/30/2006 09:39:00 am  
Blogger Brent Buckner said...

Nigel, I choose training weight!

It's like running with a backpack, only the weight is more evenly distributed and there are no straps!

10/30/2006 09:46:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

And no backpack rub marks! (I'm sure they're just like swimsuit marks.)

See: http://off-the-deep-end.blogspot.com/2006/10/suiting-up.html#links

P.S. Brent, I see your fancy counter clock is counting down again!

10/30/2006 11:36:00 am  

<< Home